Thursday 12 July 2012

Claude Monet & Other Plans

In May & June I went to Paris for the French Open at Roland Garros. I had a few spare days so I planned to visit the Musee de L'Orangrie which houses 8 large paintings of Monet water lillies. A friend of mine adores this museum and being a fan of Monet I just had to visit.

All I can say is that if you want to see some beautiful paintings by Monet, Renoir and Cezanne then this is the place for you. The best things about this museum is that it is not full of tourists so the wait to enter was short and the galleries are not packed with people.

If you ever go to Paris, please visit this museum - http://www.musee-orangerie.fr/

I loved it so much that when I was sitting looking at the Monet's I made myself a promise that I would visit Giverny and Monet's Garden & House. Once I was back in the UK I had a look around a few websites and found all I needed to book our trip. We are going for 5 days in September and I cannot wait. For futher information see this website - giverny-monet.com

My upcoming trip to France made me think about the most beautiful painting I have ever seen, The Water Lily Pond So I have booked myself an early train to London in September and I am going to spend the day looking at this most beautiful painting.

Now that the art bug has well and truly bitten me I started to think of places I have never been before. I would say I am more appreciative of Impressionist art, I certainly do not like "Modern" so I had a little look online.

I have decided to visit "bonny Scotland" and have day trips to both Glasgow & Edinburgh. During my visit to Glasgow I will go to the Burrell Collection as well as the Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum I am sure I will have a very interesting day out.

In Edinburgh I will visit only one gallery and that is the National Gallery. There are a few exhibitions going on whilst I am there so I am sure I will need the full day to see all that I want here.

In August I am visiting the Tate Liverpool to see an exhibition called Turner, Monet & Twombly. This looks to be very interesting and I am looking forward to the day I go, with my Mum :-)

Until then I will endeavour to keep this site up date with my goings-on.

1 comment:

  1. I recomended watch 'Perfume, the story of a murderer' starring Ben Whishaw. Made in 2006 it tells the tale of a boy, born under a table in a Paris fish market in the 19th century, and his journey to find the missing ingredient that will make the prefect scent. Ben Whishaw has recently played Richard II on the BBC's The Hollow Crown and also starred in the series The Hour,another BBC production. All excellent performances. It has just been announced that Ben will be playing James Bond's new gadget guru in Skyfall.

    ReplyDelete